Consumer Loan Processor/Mortgage Closer
MONSON SAVINGS BANK is seeking a full-time Consumer Loan Processor/Mortgage Closer working within the Loan & Operations Center located at 75 Post Office Park, Wilbraham MA. Requires employee to be present at work on a regular, consistent basis. Position generally works Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Join our growing and dynamic team. We are a successful community bank dedicated to our customers, our associates and our communities!
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the VP, Residential Operations Officer, provides administrative support, processes all consumer loan applications received by the Branch and other various delivery channels. Prepares consumer closing documents and facilitates loan closings through the branch network. Prepares closing packages for mortgage applications received by the Bank. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all related loan records and documentation.
Responsibilities Include (the following is an abbreviated list of the essential duties for this position):
- Maintains positive customer/employee relations. Adheres to Bank standards for customer satisfaction.
- Takes ownership in assisting attorneys and/or internal and external customers with inquiries and resolving issues. Provides the highest level of customer service in a positive, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Acquires and retains extensive knowledge of related loan policies, procedures, regulations, products and services.
- Verifies accuracy of all information contained in the file and follows up on any/all missing items prior to submission to the underwriter and/or loan closing.
- Monitor consumer, equity and mortgage pipelines daily to ensure accuracy and timely movement of loan applications. Maintain list of loans in closing and monitor daily paying special attention to key loan dates such as lock-in expiration dates, purchase transaction deadlines and regulatory timelines.
- Review all mortgage loans and communicate with originators, customers, paralegals, and attorneys to insure all closing conditions have been met.
- Prepare Closing Disclosure in coordination with the Closing Attorney and within regulatory guidelines.
- Prepare closing documents and follow-up on any missing or incorrect documents to ensure a complete and accurate closing package.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance relating to home equity and consumer loans.
- Prepares closing documents and follows up on any missing or incorrect documents to ensure a complete and accurate closing package. Maintains files in accordance with established procedures.
- Keeps Servicing Department employees abreast of scheduled closings.
Experience & Education: Associate’s degree and minimum one year banking experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Good math ability, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Strong customer service skills. Ability to read, comprehend and apply institution policies, procedures, training materials, and related lending materials. Computer literate, i.e., familiar with Windows environment, Excel spreadsheets, strong keyboard skills; team approach to work responsibilities; ability to prioritize and manage time; ability to manage multiple responsibilities; attention to detail; experience working in an office/business environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential position functions.