Customer Service Associate/Teller, Full-Time
Monson Savings Bank is seeking a Full-time Customer Service Associate/Teller for our Hampden Branch.
Join our growing and dynamic team! We are a successful community bank dedicated to our customers, associates and communities!
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the CSA Supervisor and Branch Management responsible for performing a variety of Teller and customer service duties including check cashing, processing customers deposits, withdrawals, payments, the sale of money orders and bank checks, and the performance of related administrative and clerical duties. Understands and maintains the Banks standards for service, customer satisfaction and relationship building. Sells and cross-sells Bank products and services. Requires the employee to be present at work on a regular, consistent basis.
The following is a list of the essential functions for this position:
- Maintains positive customer/employee relations. Adheres to Bank standards for customer satisfaction. Consistently seeks ways to improve customer service relationships.
- Takes ownership in assisting customers with inquiries and resolving issues. Provides the highest level of customer service in a positive, respectful, and courteous manner to internal and external customers.
- Maintains and balances a cash drawer in accordance with Bank policies and procedures. Researches and resolves errors. Ensures work station is neat, organized and secure.
- Proficiently processes transactions with accuracy and professionalism according to the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Understands and consistently adheres to Bank Cash Management procedures.
- Acquires and retains knowledge of consumer deposit products and services offered by the Bank.
- Exhibits demonstrated ability to meeting individual goals and assists in meeting organizational goals by providing a high level of customer service, recognizing customer needs and offering referrals for additional products and services. Participates in branch promotions and contributes to team goals.
- Consistently looks for opportunities to refer appropriate Bank products and services that are likely to benefit the consumer. Seeks opportunities to make investment referrals.
- Participates in performing branch tasks such as ATM settlement, night deposit processing, loan product payments, deposit capture scanning, and proofing and balancing work.
- Responsible for adherence to regulatory compliance requirements such as Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, BSA and Regulation CC. Brings all exceptions and questionable transactions to supervisor for approval. Complies with all Bank policies, procedures, performance and cultural standards and expectations.
- Responsible for completing all bank required compliance and regulatory training.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the hours of operation of the Bank, including Saturdays.
- Responsible for following bank’s security policies and procedures. Protects the confidentiality of employee and bank information. Demonstrates ability to recognize and report suspicious activity.
- Performs other related administrative and operational duties as required.
Education/Experience: High School diploma or equivalent required. Prior cash handling or customer service experience preferred.
Qualifications: Strong customer service skills, attention to detail and math aptitude; excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills; team approach to work responsibilities; ability to operate a computer; ability to learn, retain and follow complex regulatory and security requirements; strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
Monson Savings is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential position functions.